A kitchen should be a place to gather with friends and family. To make beautiful memories over delicious food and wonderful company. Here are a few suggestions that we have on how to make your kitchen timeless through brilliant countertop choices.
Our wardrobes are the result of the innovative design process from Porro- one of Italy’s most sought-after design companies. Our wide range of offerings confirms an incredible wardrobe experience in your home. Continue reading to learn more about Porro and the updates of their Storage systems.
Transform your living room with these simple tips to add a sense of luxury to your home
Valcucine created their first glass kitchen just over 30 years ago and now we are introducing our latest addition to the glass family, the Vitrum Mimesis
One of the greatest attributes to fantastic design lay in the ability for it to last through the ages of trends.
Your walk-in wardrobe design should create a space exuding opulence and sophistication, while being functional and accessible.
Wellness has become a talking point as we’ve had an opportunity to look inward and assess our lifestyles, what we’d like to change and how we go about making those changes. However, wellness is so much more than what we eat, what we drink or how we exercise- your surroundings play a grand effect on your wellbeing.
Wellness focused interior design is becoming increasingly attractive, for good reason. Art, aesthetics and wellbeing are intertwined in the creation of a home environment that supports an end goal of a relaxing, balanced space to call home.
Here is a list of aspects to consider for your wellness-focused design vision:
There is a scientific hypothesis that suggests humans have an inherent tendency to seek nature. This has become an entire design style called Biophilic Interior Design which is a movement that incorporates nature into the interiors of homes, restaurants, stores and more. By adding greenery into your home acts as a natural mood booster and can even reduce stress levels while filtering the air.
Valcucine places great emphasis on nature and design. In fact, our factory and headquarters in Italy are housed in glass and situated in the middle of nature to allow continuous inspiration.
Light is an important wellness factor to consider when designing your dream space. Areas that are designed around natural light sources are more likely to aid in productivity, mood enhancement and overall psychological health. This is due to us being in sync with our natural circadian rhythm. In your design, try to use natural light where you can in conjunction with reflective materials such as glass, metals or using lighting that matches natural light. Valcucine Cape Town designs take this natural rhythm into account- the lighting in our pieces are easily manipulated to match the time of day, mood or occasion.
Colour is an extremely powerful influencing factor on how a space makes you feel. Lighter colours can make a room feel larger and brighter while darker colours can make a space feel intimate and inviting. In general colour hues can be broken up into active and passive colours with active colours being bright and hard while passive colours are more neutral and calming. Passive colours are great for designs with a wellness focus to keep the mood calm.
Aromatherapy is by no means a new concept, however, it is an integral part of a wellness routine. Certain scents have a direct impact on our emotional response mechanism. Adding diffuser oils or candles are a great way to form the overall feeling of a room.
Bespoke design pieces that fall in line with your wellness objective is a lovely addition to space. This can take shape in a variety of ways such as joinery separating two rooms, furniture pieces that mirror the overall aesthetic of your home or textural elements that invoke a sense of nature such as stone, wood or glass.
Valcucine kitchens are created at the epicenter where design meets wellness through our well-balanced designs. All of our designs are inspired by nature it’s elements as we aim to reflect that through our craftsmanship and finishes. If you would like to experience these designs, visit our showroom at 117 Strand Street in Cape Town.
Valcucine Cape Town is proud to be part of The Excellence Group who represent like-minded brands in the industry to make it easier for clients to complete their home by working with one company. If you would like to find out more about how we at The Excellence Group can help you, give us a call on 021 035 1737 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valcucine luxury Italian kitchens: artistic and timeless beyond trends.
Read the below Q&A to find out how Valcucine has made sustainability part of our design ethos
- How important is environmental awareness to your brand and what are the steps you/the brand have taken to minimise any negative impact on the environment during manufacture?
- Environmental awareness can be seen as a foundation for Valcucine’s three brand principle implementations. We consider the user’s wellbeing through using non-toxic environmentally conscious materials, timelessness through designing long lasting kitchens that are beyond the design trends and innovation in order to continue developing our sustainable solutions to design faced problems.
- What materials (for countertops, cabinets, flooring etc) should homeowners focus on when looking to create an eco-friendly, sustainable kitchen space and why?
- One approach that Valcucine had to offer is the fully recyclable glass an aluminum kitchen, where our doors consist of an aluminum frame with a 2mm/5mm panel mounted in front of the frame. This results in a lighter door front outcome with less material used. In the Invitrum Carcass we use tempered glass for countertops, cabinets and shelves; along with aluminum for the different joints.
- What are the biggest changes homeowners can consider making in their current kitchen spaces to make them eco-friendlier and/or sustainable
- Every small decision makes a difference, from things like smart appliance choices such as induction hob instead of electric hob, to doing research about your potential kitchen supplier’s environmental certifications and how they are working on saving the environment through design.
- What are some of the more exciting innovations to help create more eco-friendly kitchen spaces? What can homeowners look forward to in the future to help them take better care of themselves and the planet?
- The Valcucine product continues to focus on the end user’s wellbeing parallel to the environment’s wellbeing, as we bring through factors such as material reduce and non-toxicity in almost every aspect we can. Even though our ergonomic Logica system may take some more space, it inevitably uses less material that adheres to the Japanese standards of a non-toxic material.
- Which materials are the best choice for possible re-use or recycling in the future as far as flooring, furniture and countertops are concerned?
- Glass happens to be one of the few 100% recyclable materials which can also be recycled multiple times without having an effect on its lifespan. Valcucine’s biggest component is the use of glass in so many different ways, while still giving it a 10-year warrantee regardless of people’s glass fragility stigma.